How Do I Apply?
Don't hesitate to contact us if you have questions about studying in Britain or about your eligibility for the Scholars Program. If you'd like to apply, the further in advance you contact us, the greater your choice of schools will be. It's never too late, though, and applications can often be accepted up to three months before the beginning of the school term.
Applying to the BAEF Scholars Program is a five-step process:
- Download the Scholars Program Application as an Adobe Acrobat PDF file and print it out.
If you do not have the Adobe Acrobat Reader, download it by clicking below.
- Arrange for your counselor to send directly to the BAEF:
- your school transcript
- a confidential recommendation (such as that used for college applications)
- Complete the Scholars Program Application, enclosing:
- a copy of any SAT score report (if not included above)
- a resume of your activities
- the application fee of $250
- The BAEF will then contact you to arrange for an interview, if possible in New York City or in our suburban New Jersey office. (Often applicants are able to include the BAEF when making tours visiting college campuses.) If necessary, interviews can be arranged with alumni living closer to your home or school.
- Once all agree that school in Britain is an appropriate experience, we will discuss individual British schools with you and your family and then approach schools on your behalf. We encourage applicants to visit several British schools to understand the individual flavor of each. This is not absolutely necessary, however, if a visit to Britain is not possible.